Social Media Manager
Our customers and community mean everything to us here at Screwfix, everything we do starts with them and our approach to social media is no different.
We’re recruiting for an exciting, brand new opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join our PR & social team. This role will see you work closely with the broader Marketing team, the performance marketing team, as well as our customer service and commercial teams.
The opportunity to reach our audiences and engage them is a massive opportunity for Screwfix and this role plays a critical role in establishing our strategy to drive our social media channels.
As social media manager you will act as brand guardian across all social channels growing our brands social community with a focus on brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Develop and implement the social media strategy for Screwfix UK and Ireland driving towards KPI’s including brand awareness, engagement, and performance.
- Create a monthly social media plan and content calendar aligning with the wider customer and digital marketing plan.
- Working closely with the campaign and brand managers, to develop the right tone of voice and personality to be used across our social channels.
- Working closely with the campaign and brand team, create first class content fit for our social community and the brand. You’ll be in charge of finding new creative and innovative ways to reach our audiences and bring our brand and campaigns to life on our social channels.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring all social content is consistent and aligned with brand guidelines.
- Grow and engage our social audience – you will look to really understand our current social performance across the different platforms
- Work with our customer service lead to ensure all customer engagement on social uses the right tone of voice and oozes brand personality.
- Work with tracking tools to report and deliver weekly, monthly and seasonal reports.
- End to end ownership – from strategy setting to strategy execution, you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of all our social channels. From creating great content and writing engaging copy, to setting targets and budget management.
Required skills and experience
This role sits within our busy Marcomms team, where everyone is working to set of common goals. We’re looking for someone with creative energy and drive to take our social media channels to the next level.
We’re searching for someone that…
- Has extensive experience – of defining and implementing social media strategies within a retail environment. A solid understanding of other digital marketing channels would be beneficial.
- Is Customer Obsessed – Putting the customer first comes naturally to you. Everything you do starts with the customer and the obsession and passion shines through into our social channels and communities.
- Has a creative mindset – You’ll need to be creative and comfortable thinking of ideas, concepts and bringing them to life via different mediums; pictures, videos and words. Someone who is not afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo.
- Who’s confident at communicating – You’ll need to be as comfortable telling a story with words as you are visuals. This applies to our social channels, our communities, and customers as well as with internal stakeholders.
- Understands the performance – You’ll need to confidently produce reports showing the performance of the social activity in line with the strategy.
- That thrives on being organised – there’s a lot going on! You’ll need to be super organised, comfortable with project co-ordination and able to self-direct to make sure that we keep projects moving and output high.
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- In-house training and development
Sustainability at Screwfix
We are committed to running our operations sustainably and supporting our customers to make sustainable choices. We want every colleague to feel involved and to champion sustainability in their area, ensuring that sustainability is at the heart of how we work.
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page