Social Media Manager
Having surpassed £2bn in sales in a record-breaking year and an ambitious growth plan in place, there has never been a more exciting time to join Screwfix. Our Customer & Digital function paves the way for our success, forever developing creative solutions to understand our loyal customers and to uncover new opportunities
Our customers and community mean everything to us here at Screwfix, everything we do starts with them and our approach to social media is no different. Social is the interface of our brand and it reflects our values, our personality and our purpose.
We’re recruiting for an exciting, brand new opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join our Brand Marketing team. Reporting directly to the Senior Brand Communications Manager, this role will see you work closely with the broader brand marketing team, the performance marketing team, as well as our customer service and commercial teams.
We’re looking for a hands-on storyteller with a passion for creativity and a keen eye for detail.
As social media manager you will act as brand guardian across all Social channels growing our brands social community with a focus on brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Develop and implement the social media strategy for Screwfix UK and Ireland driving towards KPI’s including brand awareness, engagement, and performance.
- Create a monthly social media plan and content calendar aligning with the wider customer and digital marketing plan.
- Working closely with the Brand Manager, develop the right tone of voice and personality to be used across our social channels.
- Working closely with the Brand and Demand team, create first class content fit for our social community and the brand. You’ll be in charge of finding new creative and innovative ways to bring our brand and campaigns to life on our social channels.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring all social content is consistent and aligned with brand guidelines.
- Grow and engage our social communities – you will look to really understand our current social followings across the different platforms and seek to increase the audience whilst building the sense of community at the same time.
- Work with our customer service lead to ensure all customer engagement on social uses the right tone of voice and oozes brand personality.
- Work with tracking tools to report and deliver weekly, monthly and seasonal reports.
- Line Management of one social media assistant – including overseeing projects, workflow, deadlines, and performance reviews.
- End to end ownership – from strategy setting to strategy execution, you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of all our social channels. From creating great content and writing engaging copy, to setting targets and budget management.
This role sits within our busy Marcomms team, where everyone is working to set of common goals. We’re looking for someone with creative energy and drive to take our social media channels to the next level.
We’re searching for someone that…
Has extensive experience – of defining and implementing social media strategies within a retail environment. A solid understanding of other digital marketing channels would be beneficial.
Is Customer Obsessed – Putting the customer first comes naturally to you. Everything you do starts with the customer and the obsession and passion shines through into our social channels and communities.
Has a creative mindset – You’ll need to be creative and comfortable thinking of ideas, concepts and bringing them to life via different mediums; pictures, videos and words. Someone who is not afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo.
Who’s confident at communicating – You’ll need to be as comfortable telling a story with words as you are visuals. This applies to our social channels, our communities, and customers as well as with internal stakeholders.
Can analyse performance – You’ll need to confidently produce reports showing the performance of the social activity in line with the strategy.
That thrives on being organised – there’s a lot going on! You’ll need to be super organised, comfortable with project co-ordination and able to self-direct to make sure that we keep projects moving and output high.
And loves to be social – A people’s person that’s happy working with everyone across the business and of course loves being social with our customers and communities. We want someone that lives and breathes everything social, embraces new features and developments and shares the knowledge with the business.
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
Share this job