Social Worker – Communities
Are looking for a new role to get your teeth in to that is exciting, fast paced and will springboard your career, join us in Somerset.
We’re looking for a qualified Social Worker to join our Community Locality Team based in Yeovil.
A bit about us
Why Join Somerset County Council?
If you join Somerset County Council as a Social Worker, we will give you the freedom to be innovative, to influence change, and to really touch people’s lives. You can Do It Your Way.
We are committed to focusing on promoting independence for everyone – so that people can do the things that matter most to them and live the life they want to live. We are doing things differently to put the person at the centre of everything we do and to look creatively at how we can meet people’s needs.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will work with people and families to help them stay independent for longer in local communities. You will develop great knowledge of your local area and become an integral member of a Neighbourhood approach alongside Health and Social Care colleagues developing stronger resilient communities.
Become involved with Somerset’s Intermediate Care Model working alongside Health and Social Care colleagues ensuring community solutions are a key part of an individual’s care and support planning to meet identified outcomes.
A few things about you
We are looking for qualified Social Workers who have previous Social Care experience. You will be:
- Unafraid to do things differently
- Knowledgeable about Adult Social Care
- Forward thinking and full of new ideas about how we can improve lives
- Innovative and creative
- Solution focused to support people to be independent
- Passionate about advocating for others
- Registered with Social Work England
You will influence the development of the adult social care service, you will bring your ideas to the table and you will be encouraged to make improvements to ways of working.
Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over Teams.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, before applying, please get in touch with Recruitment on Recruitment@somerset.gov.uk.
In this customer facing role, you will need to speak Fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure