Social Worker – Team Manager (Adults)
Are you seeking advancement in your Health and Social Care career? Could you lead a team while helping to ensure people in the local communities are living the independent lives they want?
We’re looking for an experienced Social Worker or Occupational Therapist who can help support someone’s journey out of hospital and back into the comfort of their own homes and communities where we feel people recover best.
You’ll be based in the locality team in Yeovil.
You will be:
- An inspirational leader
- Experience of Community Social Care practice
- Have a belief in the view that home is best
- Good understanding of data and an ability to evidence this in your practice
- Unafraid to do things differently and in your own creative way!
- Given the freedom to be innovative
- Be able to make things happen and work at pace
- Encouraged to express your ideas
- Registered with Social Work England
- Considerable knowledge of Adult Social Care practice
- Tailoring solutions around individuals needs and providing continuity of support and intervention following hospital discharge
- Promoting independence in everything your team does
- Work alongside Health and Social Care colleagues
A bit about us
“Having the opportunity to positively impact another’s life is a gift. To do this every day, what a life!”
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management.
In return, we provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our Social Workers;
- Generous annual leave and flexible working options
- Ongoing support from our dedicated Learning & Development team
- Development opportunities
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
All Social Worker interviews will take place virtually over Teams. Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Got a question about becoming a Locality Lead with Somerset County Council? Feel free to get in touch with Eleanor Templeman via ETempleman@somerset.gov.uk
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don’t delay, apply today!
Salary: up to £39,571 per annum
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Share this page