Social Worker Team Manager – (Adults)
Are you seeking advancement in your Health and Social Care career? We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable practitioner to provide inspirational leadership for the locality team based in Taunton.
Building on Somerset’s Intermediate Care Model, our Social Care Practice continues to embrace a community focus with our Community Locality Teams supporting an individual discharge from hospital, providing continuity of support and intervention.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside Health and Social Care colleagues to shape how services in your area are delivered, designing the way that your team operates and bringing in creative ways of working.
Part time hours will be considered.
You will be:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Community Social Care practice
- An inspirational leader – able to give clear direction, support and mentoring to your team
- Driven by your passion for making a genuinely positive difference to the lives of individuals, families and carers.
- Have a belief in the view that home is best
- Good understanding of data and an ability to evidence this in your practice
- Unafraid to do things differently and in your own creative way!
- Given the freedom to be innovative
- Be able to make things happen and work at pace
- Encouraged to express your ideas
- Registered with Social Work England
- As a Leader in the Locality, you will work closely with your Locality Manager and your social care colleagues to lead a multi-disciplinary team, motivating and managing all members to ensure that their work is of a consistently high standard
- Tailoring solutions around individuals needs
- Promoting independence, enabling individuals to remain living in their own homes for longer
A bit about us
Somerset County Council are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management.
In return, we provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our colleagues;
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over Teams.
If you are interested in finding out more before applying, please get in touch with Helen Readdy on HReaddy@somerset.gov.uk
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Share this page