We are looking for a part time Somerset NEET’s Project Support Officer to work 14.8 hours on a fixed term contract until 31st July 2023.
The Economic Policy Team works in consultation with managers and stakeholders across the Council and throughout Somerset, to provide policy advice and develop strategic plans for economic growth and resilience.
The team commissions and monitors the delivery of projects and programmes related to SCC’s economic development ambitions and required outcomes and acts as the Lead Accountable Body for a number of externally funded partnership projects.
Following a successful bid to the European Social Fund (ESF), the Council is acting as the Lead Accountable Body for the SomersetWorks Project, aimed at supporting young people who are, or at risk of becoming, Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET).
The Economic Development team are looking for a competent officer to join a small team, ensuring that the requirements of the Grant Funding Agreement with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), as the Managing Authority for the ESF Programme in the UK, are fully met.
You will be responsible for:
- providing a support function in relation to delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the SomersetWorks Project.
- Developing and maintaining specialist understanding of ESF eligibility, compliance, management and reporting requirements and their application to the Project.
- Supporting the Project Coordinator in ensuring that all Project activity, expenditure and outputs are delivered in strict compliance with all relevant Somerset County Council and ESF policies, regulations and requirements.
- Supporting the production and submission of quarterly Project claims, output returns and progress reports to the ESF Managing Authority including addressing supporting evidence and/or clarification requests.
- Supporting the development and delivery of Project publicity activity in line with ESF programme requirements.
You will have knowledge and/or experience of the role of Local Authorities in economic development.
You will have knowledge and experience of project support, including financial administration and commissioning activity.
You will have knowledge and experience of supporting public procurement exercises and/or supporting contract management.
You will have experience of producing reports to support decision-making.
You will have A level or NVQ Level 3 qualifications and/or relevant work experience
It would be beneficial to have knowledge and experience of European programmes, including the ESF.
You will ideally have knowledge and/or experience of using electronic grant claim and reporting systems, such as ECLAIMS and of using and updating Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organisational strengths and competent use of IT.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process, they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Please note we aim for all recruitment activity to continue as expected, however due to COVID-19 all interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over Skype.
Interviews w/c 10th August 2020