Specialist Support Worker – Yeovil
Are you ready to REALISE your potential, transforming care for people with learning disabilities? Are you an experienced Support Worker ready for a new opportunity? Then this Specialist Support role could be perfect for you!
This role is to support three young gentlemen who live in a shared house in Yeovil are looking for a Specialist Support Worker to support them with activities in the home and to access activities in their community.
They are looking for an experienced Support Worker who have previous experience of working with people on the autistic spectrum. Staff members supporting the gentlemen need to have a calm approach, be able to stay calm under pressure, have experience of challenging behaviour, have patience and be able to adapt their approach to the situation and the gentleman they are supporting.
As a specialist support worker you will be supporting the gentlemen to access swimming, the cinema and other community activities that they currently take part in. They must therefore be a driver and be prepared also to drive a service user’s car. They will also need to actively support the gentlemen to pursue new activities and to develop their skills to be able to live a fulfilled life.
A Specialist Support Worker is one of our most essential roles and involves:
- Helping our customers to remain independent in their own homes.
- Supporting our customers by accompanying them to appointments, shopping, preparing meals and helping with daily living routines including washing, dressing and personal care.
- Providing companionship and making someone’s day that little bit easier.
What we need from you:
- A caring, kind and empathetic approach
- Enthusiasm, commitment and regards to everyone as equal
- To be passionate about making a difference
- Good communication skills
- To work flexibly on set shifts including weekends
- Some experience in Learning Disability or Mental Health Support work, either paid or through life experiences
- Ideally but not essentially, a recognised care certification such as NVQ or QCF
Fully paid training and support will be given right from the out-set. We can offer you so much more than a career, we offer the chance to gain qualifications whilst working, progression opportunities and many other fantastic benefits of working for a large care company. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping others.
We believe in the financial wellness of our employees and as such we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Wagestream so you can now access your earned wages into your bank account before payday if needed, please ask the Recruitment Team for more information on this.
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………