The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
BYLOR are recruiting for Steelfixers to work with them on the Hinkley Point C Project.
This role is to support the Bylor team in ensuring the safe preparation and installation of rebar to the correct Nuclear quality standards.
- To position and secure steel reinforcement bars or reinforcement steel mesh to reinforce concrete structures
- Read and interpret reinforcement plans/drawings and reinforement schedules for the job
- Set out the work from these instructions
- Make steel bars or mesh the required length/shape by bending them, cutting them with bolt cutters, guillotines or power saws
- Assemble the reinforcing bars or mesh by use of correct tying wire into predetermined locations prior to the concrete pour
- Fabricate steel reinforcement such as beams, pile cap, columns or special units.
- Be familiar with the use of jigs
- Join prefabricated units together for large sections of high rise or civil projects, and position the reinforcement ready for concrete pours
- Demonstrated ability to work in a construction environment
- Proficient in using hand and power tools
- Ability to lift and handle heavy objects
- Competent at performing routine manual labour tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to undertsand and execute written & verbal instructions
- CSCS Skilled Worker Card (BLUE)
Other considerations :
- Working at heights training (Scissor lift/IPAF/Harness training)
- Abrasive Wheels
- Understanding of/interpretation of drawings both paper and 3D model
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community
Share this job