The appointed Store Supervisor will be required to complete the Home Bargains Management Training Programme as part of their ongoing development. This is a comprehensive 17 week programme which is completed in three parts:
- 12 weeks procedure based learning in store, delivered through our online platform with support from a Retail Coach, alongside Store and Area Management.
- 1 week training at our National Training Centre, Liverpool, developing management skills. This is delivered Monday – Friday and is an opportunity to visit our Head Office as well as Home Bargains flagship stores.
- 4 weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager.
Accommodation at our National Training Centre
Accommodation is available onsite while attending training at our National Training Centre.
Rooms are single occupancy and include a double bed, ensuite shower facilities and television.
Communal areas include kitchen and dining facilities as well as a lounge area.
- £22,893 per annum plus up to £3,600 OTE
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Strive towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Monitor performance and absence
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of supervising a team of 5 or more
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 530 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3 – 5m per store – and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Share this job