Strategic Support Volunteer (Strategies and Planning) – Mainly remote with occasional visits to Bristol police bases
Avon and Somerset Police has a desire for innovation, continual learning, and development. We are seeking a member of the public who is willing to share their experience and knowledge gained at a senior level within the private, public, or other sectors with senior leaders in policing.
- Collaborate closely with Chief Inspector Gurdeepak Kenth to support the development and documentation of required strategies and supporting operational delivery plans on topics which may include for example sex working or community engagement.
- Draw on their own experience of strategic working and business change to challenge current thinking and practices and suggest innovative ideas or new ways of working.
- Assist in generating and costing a range of service delivery options where appropriate.
- Undertake desk-based research to critically analyse specific aspects of service provision in other parts of the UK to identify best practice and potential opportunities for local change.
- Develop an understanding of the specific area of policing for which a strategy is required. This may include undertaking a ‘Ride Along’ with frontline officers and staff to understand the impact on first responders, individuals and communities and liaison with individuals from a range of key partner organisations
The ideal volunteer will have experience of successfully working at a senior level to develop and document strategic plans and supporting operational delivery plans. Experience of policing is not essential We are looking for someone who can bring a fresh perspective and is confident to challenge current ways of thinking.
There is flexibility about the number of volunteers hours you are able to commit and where you prefer to carry out your volunteering role. However, there will be occasions when it would be beneficial for you the volunteer from a police premise within the Bristol area.
If you would like to know more about this volunteering role before you apply please contact Chief Inspector Kenth either by emailing Gurdeepak.Kenth@avonandsomerset.police.uk or by phone on 07889657869.
Interviews will commence the week beginning the 12th September.