Support Worker – Beechtrees
You will be paid an extra £1.66 for each hour worked on Saturday and Sunday and £37.07 will be paid for each sleep-in.
Due to an increase in the needs of the service, we have full time and part time rewarding opportunities to work with children and young people in our Beechtrees home in Wellington.
As part of Children’s Social Care in Somerset our Residential Short Break service focuses on promoting independence, social inclusion, choice and individual support to children and young people with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
This a very important and worthwhile role. You will be working with children and young people and be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, including providing personal care, emotional support and assistance with routine tasks.
A few things about you
We need people who are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible, with experience in caring services and able to plan and manage shifts:
- You will enjoy working with a variety of people and understand the importance of communicating with others and promoting rights and choices.
- You will either hold a Level 3 Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People or be ready to work towards this.
- You will need the ability to work flexibly on a rota basis which includes evenings, some weekends and sleep-ins.
- Ideally you will have the ability and willingness to drive a vehicle, possibly a mini bus.
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you.
The salary range for this role is £19,698 to £21,748 per annum pro rata
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please call:
Hannah Coles, Registered Manager on email@example.com or 01823 665787 or
Amanda Robins, Deputy Manager at Beechtrees on 07890607297 / 01823 665787
Interviews will be face to face at Beechtrees and due to COVID-19, strict hygiene protocols and essential procedures will be put in place to keep you safe.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Share this job