We are recruiting for a Better Practice Lead / Support Worker Coach in Taunton.
We’re all here to make a positive difference to people with learning disabilities and/or autism in Somerset.
The Better Practice Lead position is a mix of a Senior Support Worker and an Assistant Manager role. You’ll work closely with the Locality Manager to provide support, coaching and guidance to the team. You’ll effectively act as a role model for our support teams, helping to ensure that the people we support achieve the outcomes they want from life.
You’ll do this by working alongside the support team on shift, providing hands-on coaching and guidance to ensure our support teams are the best that they can possibly be. This role will be based in Taunton working as part of the Taunton Domicillary Team.
The Better Practice Lead role:
- Coach and mentor support colleagues to develop their skills, identifying gaps in knowledge and experience, working with Locality Manager to ensure these areas are overcome.
- Involve the people we support in the planning of their support, including developing and delivering their support plans, reviewing the support against Discovery’s standards/expectations.
- Recognise that every moment has potential and work with support colleagues to ensure that they identify the opportunities in the whole day to support the people we support to become more independent.
- Support the Locality Manager to induct new permanent/relief colleagues, and agency workers into the locality, ensuring they have the knowledge and understanding of the people supported to be fully effective.
- Support with medication management and administration, ensuring adherence to Discovery’s policies and procedures.
Experience in working with people with learning disabilities and / or autism is essential. It would also be great if you have experience of coaching and mentoring and are looking for a role where you can share your experience and expertise. Please refer to the Job Description for further information.
Why join us?
Discovery are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- A salary of £22,250 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week, FTE)
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 10 driving lessons paid for by us)
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
- Great Induction and training opportunities including Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Who we are
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below – upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Discovery and the roles we have available – please contact our friendly Resourcing Team on 0300 303 9202 or drop us an email email@example.com
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Support Worker, Autism Support Worker, Care Worker, Learning Disabilities Support Worker, Care Co-ordinator, Social Care Worker or Healthcare Co-ordinator.