Support Worker – Taunton (My Willows)
Are you passionate about care? Do you love the variety of working out in the Community? Are you new to Community care or looking for a new care role ? This could be perfect for you!
My Willows is our unique Home Care service completely tailored to suit the lifestyle of our customers and we’re looking for Full & Part time Care and Support Workers to work across Taunton and the surrounding areas. Unlike other services, our local and dedicated My Willows Home Care team visit customers at a time that works for them, offering a bespoke care service that works for the customer and puts their needs first. Find out more about My Willows here
This is a full time position, where you will need to be available to work between 7am to 2pm & 4pm to 10pm, including alternate weekends, in order to support our customers in the best way we can. You’ll need your own car and full UK license and will work across the local area each day.
About the Care and Support Worker role:
You’ll be joining a dedicated team of community health care professionals devoted to delivering quality care, supporting daily living routines and offering companionship in a way that shows our customers respect and kindness, just as they deserve. No two days are the same but each day you’ll be rewarded by knowing you have made a real difference to those who need it most.
We match our support to each customers needs and so the ways in which this role helps, differs from customer to customer. From domestic duties, personal care and medication to emotional support, social interaction or accompanying customers to their appointments, the care plans are all tailored to the individual. The one thing that remains the same however, is the exceptional customer care we always promise to deliver.
You’ll be supported by a Locality Manager who will give you all the help and guidance you need and you’ll work alongside our amazing team of care professionals across the area. In fact, you’ll be joining our award winning My Willows team, recently announced as one of the Top 20 Home Care Providers by www.homecare.co.uk, something we are incredibly proud of!
You don’t need experience do this role as we can give you all the training you need right from day one. What you need most of all is a desire to help, a passion for making a difference and to enjoy making someone’s day that little bit easier. To join us you’ll need:
- A warm hearted, friendly manner, with lots of patience and a natural desire to help
- A ‘can do’ attitude, with plenty of resilience and a communication style that is engaging
- To be a real ‘people person’, able to build lasting relationships and work well in a team
- To be confident with technology to manage customer care records and your work schedules
- A full driving licence, with your own vehicle and willing to travel to various locations daily
- Flexibility to provide cover for our out of hours service when needed
Being a Carer isn’t a job, it’s naturally who you are. Your instinct to care, offer compassion and show kindness is inherent within you. You will love caring for vulnerable people, enjoy the variety of working across the community and appreciate the priceless impact your assistance has on those you help. You will be a natural role model, inspiring those around you while embracing the values and behaviours of the My Willows Team at Somerset care.
What you’ll get from us:
As part of the My Willows team, our values and culture is what makes us different. It is the culmination of all the things we do that makes us a very special company to work for. We really value our employees, actively support career development and progression and can offer you so much more than a job.
- Guaranteed contracted hours.
- Paid Mileage
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Free DBS check and Company Pension
- Annual Holiday which increases with length of service
- Full company induction, ongoing training and support thereafter to gain qualifications and opportunities for career progression
- Discounts of up to 20% across hundreds of retailers and online via MyCaringRewards
- Access to your earning’s before payday via Wagestream
If you are ready to start making a real difference to people living independently in their own homes, we would love to receive your application. Or to find out more please call Mandy on 01823 448321 or email .firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………