Systems and Finance Assistant
We are looking for a Systems and Finance Assistant to join our dedicated Systems and Performance Team on a fixed term contract until 31/06/2023
Corporate Property is a department in Economic and Community Infrastructure. We look after the Corporate Estate, including the day-to-day running of buildings, the construction of new properties, and repairs and maintenance.
The Systems & Performance team is a growing team that handles parts of the administrative work required to keep the Corporate Estate running. We pay bills and monitor the finances, as well as look after performance reporting.
The Property Maintenance Team provide responsive repairs service to Council Buildings 24/7, to ensure that people are kept safe. The team also undertake routine and preventative maintenance at properties looked after by the Council.
You will be part of a proactive, hardworking team who are very supportive of one another.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including some working from home. This role is currently hybrid, working days in the office and days at home.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will play a vital role in providing financial support to the Property Maintenance Team. Key activities within this role will include:
- Processing Invoices for Payment
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries
- Monitor spend and produce reports for managers to ensure enough funds are available to pay future invoices
- Act as a point of contact for finance related queries – providing advice and guidance where needed
- You will provide other business, systems, and financial support to the wider Corporate Property Group as and when required.
A few things about you
The Ability to work accurately, methodically, and with a good attention to detail are essential skills required as part of this role to ensure invoices are paid correctly.
Excellent communication skills are essential as the role requires the post holder to communicate with internal and external stake holders to resolve queries.
Prompt payment of invoices is vital in ensuring the Property maintenance team can continue to maintain the Corporate Estate. Large numbers of invoices can sometimes be received in the Council’s financial system at one time for processing. Therefore, the ability to prioritise and organise workload are essential skills required for the role.
The ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing needs of the service is a necessary part of the role, requiring a positive attitude.
The salary for the role is Grade 14, ranging from £19,264 to £20,043 per annum
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Travis Williams, Systems & Finance Manager, on 01823 355317 or via TWWilliams@somerset.gov.uk
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a car or bicycle for work
• Staff benefit scheme offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits, holidays, gym membership and more.
Share this page