Systems Test Analyst and Trainer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Test Analyst & Trainer to join our Digital department at Musgrove Park Hospital.
You’ll be working in line with the Digital Strategy to deliver on our commitment to making real improvements in patient care through the adoption of digital technology throughout the hospital and the wider health community of Somerset.
Many exciting new projects are currently in development, and this has produced the need to recruit a highly motivated and organised individual who can join us in our journey to uphold our Global Digital Exemplar status.
Do you have experience of using a hospital/clinical system, understand operational processes or have training experience? Would you like to expand your system knowledge? If Yes , then you maybe what we are looking for!
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to deliver training for operational, clinical and non-clinical users of our clinical systems, follow and develop testing and training standards and to test the functionally of systems in accordance with test scripts and defined workflows.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Act as testing and training lead for specific systems and/or subject matters, working closely with appropriate end users to identify the business impact of system changes and to identify any end user training requirements
- Develop a good understanding of the needs and requirements of the end users together with in depth knowledge of the operation and configuration of systems to ensure they support the intended workflows and objectives
- Develop and run test scripts to confirm system reliability and resilience
- Review design/configuration release notes and/or use cases to assess the impact of changes on testing and training materials
- Perform testing of system configuration, upgrades and developments in accordance with the test plan and processes
- Identify testing risks and issues on assigned system configuration, interfaces, releases and projects; log and manage testing issues through defined processes
- Support large groups of end users with testing activities and produce guides where required
- Undertake relevant duties as required in line with the testing cycle
- Develop and deliver detailed end-user training programmes (classroom, online and one-to-one) for all systems that are currently supported or being implemented by Digital Services
- Manage training delivery for assigned systems and/or subject matters, incl. development and maintenance of training materials, course schedules, training evaluation and trainer coverage
- Deputise for the Systems Testing and Training Manager as required
- • PTLLS or Equivalent Training/Teacher Qualification (2)
- • ISEB or Equivalent Testing Qualification (2)
- • GCSE C or above Mathematics & English (2)
- • ITIL (2)
- • Specialist knowledge of clinical/non-clinical systems
- • MS Office applications
- • Understand NHS business and clinical processes
- Understanding of NHS Policies and Strategies, including Data Protection and Security
- Experience in user acceptance testing/testing of software or teaching experience
- Presenting or training to small groups
- Experience of working with or in the NHS
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Training experience
- Working with staff to implement policies & procedures
- Ability to effectively translate data into simple reports or information to present to non-technical staff in a clear manner