Charlton Mackrell school
Fixed term until August 2023 in the first instance, but likely to be made permanent.
Salary: Grade 15, 3-4 £18,562-£18,933 pa pro rata
Start Date: as soon as possible
Hours: 27.5 hours per week – term time only 8.45am – 3.15pm
Closing Date: Friday 9th September 2022
Do you love working with children and want to make a positive impact on their lives?
Charlton Mackrell is a lovely, friendly, four-class, village primary school with a strong Christian ethos. We are immensely proud of our school facilities and community; our rural setting allows us fantastic outdoor areas and we are investing heavily in our technology inside. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our committed, happy and supportive team. This is an ideal opportunity to develop a worthwhile career in the education sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential
- Have some relevant experience of working with children in a school setting
- Have high expectations of pupils’ learning behaviour and help promote high standards
- Have a good level of literacy, numeracy and ICT – a knowledge of phonics is desirable, but training can be arranged
- Participate fully in the life of the school and be able to work as part of a team
- An ELSA qualification would be desirable, although not essential
We are a very happy team and the right attitude is more important to us, than you exactly fitting the job description. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please email School.Office@CMPS.UK to make an appointment. This email will be checked once a week during the school holidays. You can also find out more about us on our website.
Application packs are available on the school website www.charltonmackrellschool.org.uk
Headteacher: Mrs Rebecca Cawley
Charlton Mackrell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that this post has substantial access to children and the appointment will be subject to full DBS checks and satisfactory references being obtained. You will be required to provide evidence of previous experience and qualifications.
Charlton Mackrell Church of England Primary School and Pre-School
Bonfire Lane, Charlton Mackrell, Somerton, Somerset TA11 7BN
Tel: (01458) 223329
‘The one who gets wisdom loves life’ Proverbs 19:8