Northgate Primary School
Teaching Assistant – Maternity Cover
The Clevedon Learning Trust (CLT) was launched on 1st January 2015. The CLT is currently formed in two geographical areas, Clevedon and Bridgwater. The CLT brings with it a new, innovative and student focussed approach to education within local communities.
The CLT will provide high quality education and experiences for children and families. We will achieve this through our formal school partnership, using the most effective teaching and learning strategies, the best resources and facilities and the clearest progression routes for our children from the age of 0 to 18.
1:1 Teaching Assistant – Maternity Cover
Fixed Term Contract – dependant on the pupil remaining in school – Maternity Cover until 31st August 2022 with the possibility of extending to 1 year.
Salary: Grade 3 – £9.62 – £9.81 per hour
Term Time Only + 6 inset days
Clevedon Learning Trust is actively looking to appoint a Fixed Term 1:1 Teaching Assistant for Northgate Primary School. The CLT has a strong school improvement record and promotes collaboration between schools to ensure the best possible experiences for pupils and staff. Northgate Primary School is a new school that opened in the centre of Bridgwater, Somerset in September 2017.
Northgate Ethos statement: We believe our school will nurture all individuals on their journey of exploration and discovery to achieve their full and unique potential. Northgate Mission Statement: “To enable each child to become a lifelong learner, with the confidence to explore and discover, aspiring to high standards of achievement in all areas of their life.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our inspired and dedicated team. You will be an essential part our team supporting the needs of a pupil with SEND. We are looking for an inspired, creative, confident person to join our school at what is a very exciting time.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative, hard-working 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our happy and dedicated team. We want someone to help deliver a rich and engaging curriculum to our pupils where the child is an active learner and is nurtured to develop a curiosity about the world around them.
As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant you will be expected to support the individual needs of pupils in line with their Education Healthcare Plan. You will have a positive approach to learning, with strong communication, flexibility and a proactive attitude. We are looking for a dynamic, fun, talented Teaching Assistant who is highly motivated and who enjoys working as part of a committed team.
As a school which is still growing, we are able to offer excellent opportunities for high-quality continued professional development.
We are looking for you to –
- Have previous experience of working with children
- Have an enthusiastic outlook to team working and developing positive outcomes for children
- Have good behaviour management
- Excellent spoken & written literacy skills and strong Numeracy skills
- Have a relevant NVQ Level 3 or willingness to work towards the qualification is essential
- Strong knowledge of child protection and safeguarding and the ability to take the lead in vulnerable situations when required.
- Be passionate about meeting the needs of all children
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a deep understanding of language development
- Be an advocate for the child you support
- Value working in teams and partnerships
- To champion the school’s values and have high aspirations for every child, and for yourself & other staff
- Deliver a child-centred approach to pupil support using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
- A brand-new school environment set in excellent school grounds.
- An innovative, vibrant and forward-thinking school.
- A new, experienced, supportive and committed staff team that will work hard for the benefit of all the children.
- Professional development opportunities.
We are committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities for all members of staff through the expertise across the Clevedon Learning Trust. The school has a commitment to safeguarding children and has a culture of vigilance to support this. The post holder will be required to undergo a disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service before taking up employment.
If you would like to discuss the vacancy further before submitting your application, please contact Mrs. Katie Penny on 01278 226070. For further details and an application form, please visit our website by clicking apply.
Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com