Polden Bower School
TEACHING ASSISTANTS required at Polden Bower Special school due to the continued growth of our school. Permanent contracts with a start date ASAP
32.5 hours per week 39 Weeks per year. (Term time plus INSET days) Term time hours of work: Monday 08:45 am – 4.45 pm Tuesday – Friday 08:45 am to 3:30 pm.
£13,901 – £14,752 Actual annual gross salary. Grade 14 & 15 Dependent on experience
Polden Bower, is a 160 place special school and has the specialist resources needed to meet the needs of our students. state-of-the-art facilities for all the children and young people, this includes a warm water pool for physiotherapy; a sports hall; a sensory room; and fully accessible classrooms with the latest teaching technology. This is a very exciting time to be joining a growing Federation. We are working in partnership with The Bridge School which is the PRU within Bridgwater.
We are looking for talented teaching assistants to join our growing team of staff.
If you feel you have what it takes to work with us and feel passionate about meeting the needs of our student’s we would very much like to hear from you.
You will be expected to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilience, flexibility, empathy and creativity
- An understanding of how children and young people with additional needs learn
- Good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Have the ability to build professional, positive and trusting relationships with children, young people and families
In return the school will offer the successful candidate:
- Full induction programme and ongoing professional development
- Supportive staff team
- ‘My staff shop’ benefits which include Cycle to Work scheme
- Onsite subsidised café
- Provision of free tea/coffee for staff
- Wellbeing room and information on wellbeing approaches
- Access to Occupational Health Service
Enquiries and visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Sue Pring HR Manager on 01278 496386.
Closing date: Friday 9 September 2022
Interview date: TBC
Polden Bower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure, medical clearance proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
Age range of students: 4-19
Believe you Can