Taunton Deane Partnership College
Taunton Deane Partnership College (TDPC) is one of four Pupil Referral Units commissioned by Somerset County Council and Somerset schools. We provide services through a number of centres for students of compulsory school age who have a range of social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs. Students are referred through their mainstream schools in the Taunton Deane and West Somerset area and through the SEN Service at Somerset County Council.
We wish to make the following appointments:
Teaching Assistant x 2
32.5 hours per week, 1 year fixed term in the first instance, term time only
Start date: September/October 2021
Salary: Grade 14 (actual salary £14,179 – £16,794)
Post 1: To primarily work at our KS1 & KS2 centre in Blagdon Hill but some work may also be required at two our other centres in Taunton (KS3 and KS4).
Post 2: To primarily work at our Key Stage 4 Centre in Taunton but some work may also be required at our other centres in Taunton (KS3) and Blagdon Hill (KS1 and 2)
The successful candidates will
- Assist teaching staff in delivering a curriculum to students referred to TDPC, including delivery of outdoor activities and PE.
- Prepare resources and maintain a safe and suitable learning environment.
- Provide one to one support for students should their individual SEMH needs require this.
The successful candidates will also:
- Have an enthusiasm for the welfare and well-being of young people
- Be solution focused and positive in meeting the social, emotional and mental health needs of our young people
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be organised and hard working
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of the wider TDPC staff tea
We welcome applications from TAs and HLTAs in mainstream schools, special schools and alternative provision.
For further information and an application form please click Apply Now
Please email your completed application form to Sarah Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 5pm Friday 6 August
Interview date: w/c 16th August 2021 (exact date TBC)
TDPC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a high awareness of these areas and undergo an enhanced DBS check.