Team Administrator CAMHS SPA
We are seeking a Team Administrator to join our Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service!
The CAMHS SPA is the “front door” to the child and adolescent mental health services in Somerset so two days are never the same. You will work alongside experienced clinicians to support our external partners who want to refer to CAMHS.
The Single Point of Access (SPA) service, has been co-designed with Somerset CCG and the Local Authority to provide young people with expert help from one easy central point, and is run by Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. The SPA service aims to help young people before they need to access CAMHS – offering more support in the community, schools and online – and by educating other people (e.g. schools) to help them. The SPA team will be responsible for all screening of referrals including signposting, offering information, telephone triage and where necessary face to face assessments to ascertain need.
Main duties of the job
You will be based at Foundation House, Taunton, but we will be moving to The Horizon Centre Bathpool during this year.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator, able to work under pressure and committed to using your skills to deliver the best possible service for young people and their families.
You will need to work well individually, as well as part of a team and be able to work flexibly, contributing to the ongoing improvement and development of the SPA services.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of improving services for children and young people.
Previous experience of working in a mental health setting would be desirable but not essential.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To provide a complete administrative service to the clinical team
- Taking calls from referrers, young people and their families
- To organise own workload and work closely with other early intervention services in CAMHS
- To work within the Trust values and core standards, to maintain an excellent patient experience at all times.
For further information, please see full job description attached to this role.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Positive and clear communication skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience of setting up and maintaining office systems and procedures that support smooth running of the department.
- Patient focussed
- Experience of contact with users of mental health services.
- • Experience of children and Young People’s Services. Skills