South Somerset District Council
Team Leader – Strategy & Support Services
Salary: £31,895 – £35,336
Job Type: Fixed term
Closing Date: 04/07/2022 5:00 PM
Job ref: 2091
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Strategy and Support Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Hours: 37 hours per week (Fixed term / Secondment until March 31st 2023)
What we’re looking for…
- Leading a cross functional team of Digital and Communications case officers, you will manage and deliver change, and improvements to processes, whilst supporting staff as the changes are implemented.
- You will need to have a good understanding of the variety of services we deliver and passion for delivering a quality service for stakeholders across the organisation.
- Able to work with team members, other team leaders, and lead specialists to organise priorities, manage workloads effectively, and give direction to the team.
- Able to problem solve effectively and identify opportunities for development in both yourself and your team.
SSDC operates an agile model of working but the successful applicant will need to spend part of their working week at the Council Offices in Brympton Way.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
Please contact Kim Wiseman, People Manager, Strategy and Support Services on 07584 701426 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with south Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
Share this page