Team Member – The Cafe
- Colleague Store Discount Clubcard after 3 months service – 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- Other Colleague Discounts: –
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
- Routes for progression within an ever-growing brand
- Retirement savings plan – 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance – 1 x contractual pay
About the role
CAFE TEAM MEMBER
Never a late night or long weekend, you can finally have a career in hospitality with the work-life balance you were looking for! Because our business is growing, we can offer you job security and the opportunity to develop your career alongside us.
We need you to work flexibly in our Cafe & have a genuine smile on your face when serving your guests a quick bite to eat or a lovely cup of coffee.
You will be responsible for
- Work in a busy Tesco Cafe giving great service worth recommending!
- Know your menu! Does the food or drink look right?
- Upsell our delicious extras…there’s always room for a slice of cake!
- Encourage guests to give online feedback
- Always help to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
- Once cross-trained, you will be responsible for making our delicious food and great drinks
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs, etc
- Understand great service & be passionate about delivering it
- Warm & engaging personality
- Great at multi-tasking, get a buzz of working in a busy Cafe
- Positive attitude
- Cooking experience helpful, however willingness to learn essential
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
With 315 Cafes across the country and counting, our teams work closely to make sure that customers experience is to the best standards and service; no two days are ever the same! Tesco Cafes are a great place to work, with a genuine family feel – truly a Place to Get On.