Team Support Officer
Would you like the opportunity to become part of our Integrated Victim and Witness Care Team?
We have a Team Support Officer role available to join us on a temporary basis for a period of 12 months.
Bristol, Bridewell Police Station Bristol – BS1 2AA
The Team Support Officer team has bases in each Lighthouse Safeguarding hub (Bristol, Bridgwater and Keynsham) and is a critical part of the day to day running of the department. This opportunity is based at the Bridewell office in Bristol.
You will be a central person working within this great team where you will deliver a key service for supporting vulnerable people and bringing offenders to justice.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Providing a full range of secretarial services to the management team, including drafting correspondence, word processing and producing reports and confidential correspondence to standard formats and other support within required timescales.
- Arranging and administering meetings for the management team by booking rooms, preparing and circulating agenda and taking minutes as required. Co-ordinating the diary systems of the management team, arrange appointments and carry out necessary logistical actions in support of the team.
- Dealing with enquiries and incoming post and electronic mailboxes, auctioning them promptly and efficiently, redirecting as appropriate and ensuring that information is only disclosed to authorised persons in accordance with procedures.
- Assisting the management team with gathering and recording management information and performance data.
- Supporting the management team in complaints handling, ensuring complaints are dealt with in a timely fashion, and supporting complaints investigations as appropriate by conducting research, drafting correspondence and maintaining complaint records.
- Ensuring the Victim website is kept up to date – liaising with partners as appropriate to ensure contact details and other information on the site is accurate, and that news and information pages are updated etc.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:-
- Computer literate with experience of navigating a range of different computer systems to gather and input information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a range of administrative / office duties
- Experience of managing and prioritising your own workload
- Experience of working with basic data and producing reports and other documentation
- Experience of dealing with people over the phone and face to face
What we can offer:-
Our values are key, each and every employee embraces these in everything they do:- CARING. COURAGEOUS. INCLUSIVE. LEARNING.
Our mission is forefront of it all, we are here across the whole of Avon and Somerset to SERVE. PROTECT. RESPECT.
How we reward you is linked to our culture, it’s about more than just salary.
You will have access to free onsite parking, an onsite Gym, a Pension Scheme, a subsidised Canteen and an Onsite COSTA coffee just to name a few. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
Does this sound like the role for you? Click on the blue button below to apply.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
To find out more about our Inclusive Culture
To enable us to deliver outstanding policing for everyone, we need people from all backgrounds with a range of professional and life experiences so that we are truly representative of our communities.
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.
Useful information before you commence an application (for external applicants)
You will require the following detail to complete this application form:
- National Insurance Number
- Identification Detail e.g. passport
- Address information including proof
- Referee information
- Full employment history including dates and any qualifications you may have attained.
You will also be requested to provide photos of any visible tattoos you have.
If the role requires you to drive you will also be required to upload details from your full driving licence including photos.
The application system only remains active on a single page for a period of 60 minutes. Please therefore ensure you allow time to complete this fully as part complete pages will not be saved.