The major projects team is responsible for delivering major construction projects on behalf of the council. Typically these could be new schools, Innovation centres, etc. We are a small professional dedicated team who at anytime could be managing 20-30 live projects. This is a fixed term opportunity for 12 months.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will work alongside the Major Projects Team within Corporate Property to provide day to day support and will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage your own workload and provide quality work.
You will need take responsibility for organising, administering and minuting/recording a range of meetings, and provide general business/administration/project support to the team as required.
A few things about you
You must have well developed interpersonal skills and will need to be a ‘people’ person who develops strong working relationships internally, externally and at all levels.
You should possess good written communication skills and a high level of IT skills including Microsoft Packages. The successful applicant will be well organised but flexible, enjoy being busy and have the ability to deal with changing priorities and assignments.
Ideally, you will have experience of working in an office environment (including remote working) and be confident in using all Windows applications, particularly Word, Teams, Outlook and Excel.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact John Houlihan on 07968 603801 or email@example.com
The salary for this role is £18,933 to £19,698 per annum.
Interviews are currently being held virtually, via MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.