Technical Assistant – Tuesday – Saturday, 14:00 – 23:00
Inspired by his travels and love of cooking, Charlie Bigham set up shop in 1996 with the sole aim of creating really delicious dishes for foodies – putting in all the care and attention that you would if you were to cook them yourself at home.
Now approaching our 25th anniversary, Charlie Bigham’s is the number one brand in the chilled pre-prepared meal category. With over 50 dishes available in major supermarkets, our distinctive wooden trays and illustrated packaging make us instantly recognisable on-shelf.
Charlie Bigham’s has achieved impressive year on year growth since launch and we continue to grow in a sustainable way. We now employ over 500 people across two thriving kitchens in London and Somerset. We have achieved B-Corp status because it’s the right thing to do for our business, for our consumers and for the planet.
And our award-winning company is still expanding, which is why we’re searching for like-minded individuals who share our passion for the extraordinary, to help us deliver our food philosophy – Only Delicious Will Do.
Who we’re looking for
We’re currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant to join our Quarry Kitchen on a permanent basis. The shift pattern for this role is Tuesday – Saturday, 14:00 – 23:00 including a 1 hour paid lunch break.
Key tasks will include:
- Gather and prepare samples and swabs as per schedules
- Complete assessments of finished dishes against Quality Attribute Standards.
- Carry out internal audits across the kitchen, including Process Audits and Fabrication Audits.
- Monitor and audit adherence to processes and procedures through GMP audits across all areas.
- Participate in, and support in preparing the kitchen for audits.
- Audit and file production paperwork, reporting non-conformances to relevant team leaders and shift managers to drive continuous improvements.
- Lead complaint investigations as necessary.
- Lead relevant technical improvement projects across all areas of the kitchen and support project work carried out within the kitchen as required.
- Review existing and implement new processes as necessary to ensure technical compliance across the kitchen.
- Coach and train team members to ensure high technical standards are consistently achieved.
- Report any technical issues to relevant managers and check that effective and robust corrective action are taken
- Liaise with t hygiene teams regarding any cleaning and hygiene issues.
As well as a passion for good food and having a keen eye for detail, applicants must have basic knowledge of food safety. You should be a confident communicator, and have the ability to coach and develop other team members to improve their day to day working practices.
What we can offer you
First and foremost, we’re offering a fellow foodie the chance to join an innovative and fast-growing company that values and rewards the great people in its teams. You’ll receive a Charlie Bigham’s induction, to understand how each department contributes to the business and access to the Bigham’s Academy to progress your career. We also offer a truly fantastic work space in our Quarry Kitchen.
Our Quarry Kitchen is in an easily accessible location with modern on-site facilities, with free parking and a cycle-to-work scheme available.
Other benefits include:
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Bigham’s discounts for hundreds of popular retail and dining outlets
- Annual bonus based on company & individual performance
- Daily hot meals subsidised at £1 per meal from our onsite Café
- Free take home fridge full of Bigham’s dishes
Given our passion for food, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we have a fantastic team cafeteria, serving fresh subsidised meals daily. And you’ll even have the chance to take home lots of Charlie Bigham’s dishes to enjoy with family and friends. We also organise team outings, sporting tournaments and take part in community and charity events in Wells.
If you think that you could be a perfect fit for the role please click the ‘apply’ button above to register your interest and a member of our People Team will be in touch!