The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
MEH Logistics Telehandler Operator
Role Reports to:
Logistics Manager/ Supervisor
Site Based – HPC Power Station
Summary of role
- To support MEH Alliance logistics operations including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Operation of forklift and Telehandler equipment
- Unloading and loading of material and equipment to support MEH Alliance installation and site wide activities
- Other duties (subject to qualifications) may include operating with attachments/ operating plant or vehicles to support material movements
- To utilise the bell-to-bell recording system for each shift as directed by your line manager/ supervisor.
- Working strictly to a lifting plan
- Carrying our daily and weekly operator maintenance /checks and reporting defects on equipment used
- Maintaining equipment to a high standard of cleanliness
- To ensure that your HPC ID pass is on display at all times while at work
- Any additional reasonable duties requested by the logistics Manager/ Supervisor
Other duties and responsibilities
- Work in accordance with: Wilson James policies, site procedures and training provided
- Wilson James core values:
- We are fair and honest in all our activities;
- We treat each other with dignity and respect;
- We are responsible for all our actions and accountable for their consequences;
- We have an environment that enables and supports effective communication;
- We will continuously develop safe systems of work to ensure no-one is placed at risk on our workplaces.
HPC and MEH Alliance policies
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as instructed by your Line Manager/ Supervisor
- Health & Safety
Health and Safety responsibilities
- All work is carried out in accordance with HPC and MEH site procedures and training provided.
- Comply with the WJ Health and Safety Policy, procedures and protocols at all times
- Ensure you have received a Daily Activity Briefing before starting any work
- Ensure that you are working in accordance with the safe system of works, as briefed by your Line Manager/Supervisor
- Ensure that you are fit for work prior to reporting for duty each day
- Report any health and safety concerns to your line Manager/ Supervisor
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) issued must be serviceable and clean during working hours.
- Use STAR – (STOP/ THINK/ ACT/ REPORT) if you are unsure about the working environment or conditions.
Required skills & Experience
- Construction Site Experience
- Good written, verbal and Two Way Radio communication
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in unsafe conditions.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Reliability – maintain a good work ethic and routine
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
- An understanding of the principles of equality and diversity in relation to visitors’ or colleagues needs.
- Driving License
Qualifications & Licences
- Valid CPCS Card with A17 category or other national qualification for Telehandler
- Valid CITB Health & Safety Test (Operative) or other national equivalent
- Driving License
- First aid at work
- Manual Handling trained
The hours of work are as follows:
- 39 working hours over 4 days – Mon – Thurs
- Lunch breaks of 45 minutes unpaid
- Bussing Allowance
- Shift Timings: Monday to Thursday 07.15 – 17.45 (includes break)
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job