Test Analyst – Digital Support
To expand our Team, an opportunity has arisen for a systems Tester within the Digital department at Musgrove Park Hospital.
In line with our Digital strategy, you will be working to deliver on our commitment to making real improvements in patient care through the adoption of digital technology throughout the hospital and the wider health community of Somerset. We are looking for an individual who is either experienced in using Clinical Systems or are an accomplished systems Tester.
If you have the positive attitude, willingness to learn and the motivation to join the Team, then please apply!
Main duties of the job
To work as part of a Testing & Training Team supporting operational requirements as defined by testing plans. To test clinical systems upgrade and new systems to enable deployment.
You will be able to follow detailed processes to tight deadlines and provide system/operational knowledge when communicating to the Trust and key stakeholders.
You will need to have hospital systems experience, knowledge and understanding of NHS operational business and clinical processes. Some experience in user acceptance testing / testing of software would be of advantage.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The post holder will be required to follow testing standards, including script and scenario testing methods –
- Follow, update and write defined test scripts and other testing methods
- Report and log testing issues identified during testing
- Support small groups of end users with testing activities
- Undertake relevant duties as required in line with the testing cycle
Qualifications and Training
- NVQ level 3 in IT related subject or equivalent gained through specific relevant experience
- GCSE ‘C’ grade of equivalent in English and Maths
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Testing
Knowledge and Experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience in software user acceptance and/or other testing of software
- Presenting to small groups
- Experience of working with or in the NHS
- Understanding NHS Business & Clinical Processes
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Understanding of NHS Policies and Strategies, incl. Data Protection
Skills & Communication
- Ability to assimilate info quickly and achieve early success
- Able to work as a Team or individually
- Risk and issues management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of stakeholder engagement inc. Supplier
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
Organising & Planning Skills
- Work to deadlines
- Organise & Prioritise
- Work under own initiative
- Problem Solving
- Able to travel to other Locations