Theatre Support Worker
Working together to provide outstanding care is at the heart of what we do at Somerset Foundation Trust.’
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team working within the main hospital estate at Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.
We are looking to recruit compassionate, self-motivated theatre support workers to join the Musgrove theatre team. You will be supported by a friendly and highly skilled team.
Main duties of the job
To ensure the environment within the theatres and ward (clinical and non-clinical) are cleaned, to meet the standards set within the trusts cleaning audit tool on a daily basis and to respond to unexpected domestic situations promptly.
To transfer patients, equipment, medical supplies and other items between theatre departments, wards and trust departments.
Working for our organisation
Here is the opportunity to work in the county town of Taunton, Somerset with its wide range of family friendly amenities. Located in the beautiful south west of England close to areas of outstanding natural beauty and with easy access to the coast. It is well served by rail and road links.
- Supportive and compassionate working environment
- Dedicated Practice Development Team to support staff at all levels
- Use of Simulated learning in daily practice
- Role specific development to support all teams
Benefits of working for us:
- Full NHS terms and conditions including a benefits package with competitive pay rates and increments, annual leave of 27 days increasing to 33 days after 10 years, Agenda for Change pay with enhancements
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme to which you and the Trust contribute
- A wide and diverse range of training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training
- Dedicated well-being services for all employees
- Flexible working where possible
- Onsite nursery
- Discounts for local and national retailers
If you would like to develop your skills further then we would love to hear from you. Join us, share our values and invest in your future.
Our values are simple: Outstanding Care, Working Together, Listening and Leading. We recognise that our staff are our most valuable resource, we are proud of the excellent levels of service our Trust provides to our service users and the skills and dedication of our staff.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To ensure the environment of theatres and ward (clinical and non-clinical) are cleaned on a daily basis, to meet the standards set within the trusts cleaning audit tool on a daily basis
- Relevant experience for role
- Moving and handling experience