Topography & Survey Coordination Lead
MEH Alliance (Cavendish Nuclear- Employing Company)
Hinkley Point C
1. Delegation of responsibilities to CE’s/Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice.
2. Ensure all surveying activities are undertaken safely and responsibly, and in accordance with the CDM Regulations
3. Progress reporting on surveying activities on site.
4. Review any supplied setting out data to check design co-ordinates against the site grid system to ensure compatibility.
5. To provide quality checks on control set ups and point accuracy.
6. Ensure all equipment is calibrated.
7. To attend any relevant site meetings with project stakeholders.
8. To report any issues, concerns, or observations to the MEH Engineering Coordination Lead.
9. Ensure all surveying activities are executed in line with relevant specifications.
10. Provide accurate centreline and level datum’s to enable accurate installation of equipment, supports and Piping/Electrical/HVAC systems
11. Conduct surveys on pipe spools to provide as fabricated data including bolt hole rotations and flange deflections.
12. Conduct as built surveys of installed equipment.
1. Manage team to ensure all surveying activities are undertaken safely and responsibly, and in accordance with the CDM Regulations
2. Management of reporting on surveying activities within the Erection Areas.
3. Ensure any supplied setting out data to check design co-ordinates against the site grid system is accurate and available.
4. To provide quality checks on control set ups and point accuracy.
5. To establish and maintain survey control networks throughout the site.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(in line with MEH Onboarding matrix)
1. Surveying or Engineering qualifications or considerable experience
2. Experience in the use of survey equipment (Total Station, digital level) and the production of survey reports.
3. Conversant with all related legislation, codes, and standards.
4. Knowledge of CDM regulations
5. Experience in MS Office – Excel, Word
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
1. 7 years plus experience as an onsite surveyor
2. 5 years Management of surveying team s
3. Experienced in working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment
4. AutoCAD experience
5. Starnet software experience
6. Use of Leica instruments
7. NEBOSH or similar safety qualification
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
• Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
• Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
• Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
• Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
• Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this page