Specialist – Town and Parish Council Liaison and Scrutiny Officer
Salary: Grade £36,922 to £38,890 per annum (Grade H)
Contract: Fixed Term Contract to 31 March 2023
Hours: 37 hours per week (evening working is a key part of this role)
Location: Taunton, Williton, Home Working (various and flexible)
Closing date for applications Monday 20 September 2021 (12 noon)
Interviews w/c 27 September 2021
We are looking to appoint a Specialist to work within the busy Governance Team with a focus on Town and Parish Council liaison, supporting Area Panels and Scrutiny Committees. This is an exciting role which focuses on building strong and positive relationships with a wide range of people both inside and outside of the Council.
You’ll need excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly for drafting agendas and writing reports and Area Panel minutes. You will be the contact liaison point for Town and Parish Councils and become their ‘go to person.’
You will be required to be flexible in your working arrangements which will include working from home as well as working in the offices – Deane House, Taunton and West Somerset House, Williton. A key requirement of the role is to attend a number of evening meetings each month.
For more information on this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working with the Council
- The Council offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this.
- The Council Offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business.
- The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals.
- Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times.
- A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.