To support the Market Manager in the running of the category, and the development and execution of activity to achieve sales and margin targets
- Review competitor activity, in terms of product offering, pricing and promotional / in store activity.
- Support the Market Manager to carry out range reviews and promotional activities. Be aware of commercial planning schedules and ensure all deadlines are planned for and met. This will include, for example, completing nomination templates, and supporting with proofing and re-pricing activity.
- Complete supplier account forms and manage the end to end process for setting up new suppliers. Keep supplier information up to date, including (but not limited to) VBA’s, accounting details, contact information etc.
- Respond promptly and accurately to product queries, price queries, cost price changes, catalogue & on-line errors and quality issues. These may be highlighted by suppliers, Kingfisher functions, stores, the Contact Centre and other Head Office departments.
- Manage the Product Centre ensuring that product samples are delivered, stored and returned or disposed of in an appropriate manner for your categories.
- Regularly update line manager on progress, key issues and changes to work priorities.
- Experience working within a face-paced, deadline driven environment
- Systems orientated with an experience of SAP and other data centres an advantage
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and skilled with Microsoft Excel
- Accurate and numerate, with attention to detail to be able to challenge and spot errors
- Analytical; able to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Previous commercial experience in a retail environment
- Previous work experience within a Buying Head Office
- Strong commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
Contact Jess Wood on email@example.com
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.We particularly encourage applications from under represented groups.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this job