This role is pivotal to the success of our sales, responsible for delivering sales and profit targets for their category, through the development and delivery of a Trading Plan. We are currently recruiting for 4 Trading Managers.
As Trading Manager, you will be responsible for creating and delivering the sales and margin targets for your specific category, working closely with the Category Manager to develop and implement the Category Plan.
You will need to take ownership of building a rolling 12-month ‘Trading Plan’ ensuring that your product range can maximise performance to drive sales and profitability to support growth. Within the creation of the trading plans you will need to use your market knowledge, analysis and insight to identify trends and react to these as opportunities. Plans will need to include financial budgets and forecasting.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will be heavily involved in identifying and proposing the upcoming range, price, and promotional opportunities. These decisions will need to be influenced by consumer understanding and financial viability. This role will include collaborating with the Kingfisher Group and ‘local suppliers’ to develop and transform our range proposal.
You will play a key part in the management of local supplier relationships; you will need to negotiate support / cost prices with these local vendors.
We are looking for someone who can multi-task in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Retail Trading experience, either as a buyer or similar.
- Clear understanding of how to develop and deliver commercial concepts.
- Customer focused.
- Understanding of all sales channels.
- Strategic sales management, understands seasonality, price perception.
- Clear understanding of financial reporting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong project management / deadline management skills,
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
Contact either Jess Wood email@example.com or Jess Gates firstname.lastname@example.org
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
Share this job