Trainee Bus Driver (Part Time)
Looking to take your career up a gear in 2021?
Do you love driving and meeting new people? Do you want to change your career and be part of a dynamic company with real career prospects?
We are looking for customer focused Trainee Bus/Coach Drivers with excellent people skills to join our expanding team in Somerset. As the face of our company, you will play an important role in transporting our customers to and from one of the largest construction sites in Europe; Hinkley Point C.
We currently transport thousands of people daily to and from the site, working 24 hours a day to ensure that construction remains on schedule. Our fleet of modern buses and coaches use advanced tracking and telematics to ensure we deliver the best possible service.
You will join our first-class training academy where you will learn everything you need to be a success. Our expert trainers will be with you every step of the way providing ongoing support, development, and training.
Part time options:
Monday – Friday
- Minimum 4 hour shifts (am: 0430 – 0830 / pm: 1600 – 2000)
- Option to do Monday to Friday am or pm (or both, full time as split shifts if preferred)
- Minimum 4 hour shifts (am: 0430 – 0830 / pm: 1530 – 1930)
- Saturday am & pm and Sunday am & pm
When applying, please state your availability / preference of working hours from the above options. Timings are approximate. Please note: you will need to be available full time for the first 7 weeks (approx.) during training.
Summary of benefits:
- Fully paid training provided for your PCV/PSV licence and CPC training at £9.46ph
- Pay once qualified – £10.94ph increasing to £11.23ph after 6 months and £12.53ph after 12 months
- Night shift premium (between 2200hrs – 0600hrs)
- Pension – 5% contributory pension matched by the company
- Employee rewards scheme (vouchers & discounts for a wide range of national retailers)
- Life assurance
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Accredited customer service qualification and advanced driver training
- Annual pay review linked to retail price index
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a full manual UK licence which you have held for a minimum of 12 months
- Are aged 18 or over
- Have fantastic customer service and people skills
- Can be flexible with working hours
All employees must be willing to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) vetting and obtain a DBS certificate. This standard is designed to provide a level of assurance as to the honesty, integrity and values of individuals who are required to work at a Nuclear Licenced Site, or who may have access to sensitive nuclear information.
Somerset Passenger Solutions welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.