Trainee Buying Manager
Working with the support and guidance of the Market Manager, responsible for delivering sales and profit targets for their category, and developing and delivering a trading strategy that supports of the overall Group strategy
- Achieve sales and profitability targets for your category
- Work with your Market Manager to develop a 2 year Category Strategy utilising market and customer insights that delivers profitable sales and market share growth
- Propose tactical plans and trading activity, and action those agreed
- Support the launch and execution of Unified ranges, and agree local requirements with the OSC team
- Identify and propose remedial action on any shortfalls in delivery of KPIs within the trading plan.
- Work with the Kingfisher Buying Teams as required to secure negotiation opportunities and agree trading terms with suppliers
- Track market insights and competitor pricing positions and use these to inform trading plans
- Use product and market knowledge to highlight trends and identify local market product requirements and opportunities. Work with the OSC to bring these to market
- Work with the Market Manager to set retail pricing for your category within the pricing framework
- Manage range changes including any required exit strategies
- Support the creation of business cases and validation of forecasts for all new ranges.
- Regular store and competitor visits to increase awareness and inform trading plan.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various areas of the business to secure support and engagement
- Retail Trading experience ideal
- Commercially minded / aware
- Customer focused
- Understands the needs of different sales channels
- Analytical, with the ability to understand financial reporting
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge including Excel and PowerPoint
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to manage projects / achieve deadlines
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
Share this job