Transporting Somerset requires a part time Transport Co-Ordinator to work 29 hours per week as part of the Fleet Operations Team in the delivery of transport operations including Learning Disability, Special Educational Needs and Public Transport services across Somerset.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The main focus of this role will be supervising the day-to-day operations of a fleet of Minibuses at Beckery Resource Centre, Glastonbury.
The main tasks of this post will include:
- Supervision of a team of Drivers and Passenger Assistants
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of transport services.
- Administration and Record Keeping
A few things about you
You should have staff supervisory experience and a strong focus on customer service. Excellent oral communication and IT skills are required. The ability to organise and continually prioritise conflicting demands is essential. You will need to hold D1 driving entitlement on your driving licence or be prepared to receive training for D1 driving entitlement. You must also have access to you own transport.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal discussion please contact James Warren on 07976 799802.
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams
This role has a current salary of £15,438 to £17,045 per annum for 29 hours per week.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.