Underwriting and Legal Assistant
We are currently recruiting for an Underwriting and Legal Specialist to join the team on a 6 month contract.
Reporting to Trade Credit Underwriting and Legal Specialist you will support them in trade credit application referrals and legal portfolio management.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Review referral accounts from Trade UK – providing advice and guidance through the collating of information, credit data analysis and assessing risk in accordance with credit policy. In addition, supporting new credit applications / increases in line with the limit authority matrix and putting forward recommendations to the Trade Credit Underwriting and Legal Specialist
- Obtain and evaluate customer information from various financial agencies for the purposes of assessing credit risk and worthiness.
- Review credit limits across the ledger, using Business IQ following guidelines set by the Trade Credit Underwriting and Legal Specialist.
- Working closely with our customers, trade counters and B2B teams, building relationships, supporting new applications, credit limit increases and other general account queries.
- Investigate suspected fraud matters – working with Trade UK and our loss prevention teams at pace to identify potential fraud and assisting with wider fraud prevention strategies.
- Assist with the management of the disputes process, liaising with our stores and delivery partners to resolution, ensuring that the relevant paperwork is collated and reviewed in accordance with agreed SLA
- Support with producing internal reporting on account performance, aged debt, forecasting and KPI’s
- Preparing accounts for legal action and providing instructions to our legal collection partners throughout the collection and recovery process. You will monitor recovery performance and undertake regular reviews on aged debt matters. In addition, you may be invited to attend court and provide witness evidence at a trial hearing in defended matters.
- Reviewing previously legal accounts for possible reactivation
- Support Trade Credit Underwriting and Legal Specialist with projects and initiatives that improve existing processes and the customer journey. You may lead a project from start in finish, engaging with stakeholders across the business, making recommendations and implementing changes or new ways of working.
Required skills & experience
- Experience of working with credit limits (under writing / credit vetting) would be advantageous
- A good understanding of limited and non-limited organisations would be advantageous
- Experience of delivering an exceptional customer service
- Excellent Excel and Word skills are a requirement ·
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- High attention to detail is essential.
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
Share this page