Volunteer Police Cadets – Unit Administration Volunteer
- Do you enjoy working with young people?
- Do you have excellent administration skills?
- Can you spare a few hours each week to support our Police Cadet Units and sometimes attend their weekly evening meetings?
- Are you aged 18 or over?
We need adult volunteers who can support our Volunteer Police Cadet Unit Leaders with maintaining essential records for our Cadet Units. Most of the time you will agree with the Unit Leader when you will carry out your role but there will be times when you are asked to attend the weekly evening meetings that take place during term time.
As part of this role you would make a significant contribution to keeping Avon & Somerset Volunteer Police Cadets safe for everyone as well helping to ensure that cadets have an informative and fun experience.
What would you be doing?
This is a vital volunteer role that includes:
- Ensuring that the Unit records for cadets and volunteers are up to date
- Ensuring that financial, personal, induction and health and safety records are maintained
- Supporting the Volunteer Leaders with planning and organising tasks related to weekly meetings and events
- Supporting the financial processes for the unit
- Supporting the preparation of resources and materials for sessions
- Liaising with volunteers, cadets and policing teams
- Using electronic recording systems so computer literacy is essential
You will spend some time with our cadets as part of this role so we will ensure that you complete all the required safeguarding checks and training and the role requires an enhanced DBS check.
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes. This helps to ensure a police service that we can all be proud to be a part of because everyone feels safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers will be subject to background checks, including vetting and references.
Applications will be shortlisted week commencing 13th December
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 3 and 10th January 2022
Important notes about completing your application:
This role requires that at least one of your references is able to comment on your interactions with children and/or young people in a personal, voluntary or employment capacity. Please ensure that you consider this when completing your application.
Our electronic system asks you to provide 3 years of employment history, please disregard this. As part of our Safer Recruitment procedures you must provide details of ALL employment/education/voluntary roles you have ever held and details about any gaps when you were not working/studying. The system will allow you to add as many roles as you need to.
Don’t assume that we know anything about you! There is plenty of space so tell us about your knowledge, skills and experience from all areas of your life that relate to being a Volunteer Police Cadet Leader.
For an informal discussion: Contact Esther Lambert, Tel. 07547 659754, Esther.Lambert@avonandsomerset.police.uk