Visitor Attraction Host
Up to £10 per hour plus fantastic benefits
Bank holiday, weekend and occasional evening availability required
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a country estate with ancient woodland, historic gardens and far-reaching views. A new and unique destination attracting recognition at the highest level, with luxury hotel, spa, restaurants and an abundance of homegrown produce. Our 300-year-old estate welcomes guests from all over the world; a home from home, delivering outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire while roaring fires and a garden-scented spa offer true tranquility. Much of our food is sourced from the estate or trusted local farms and producers.
The Visitor Attraction Team
With an ever-growing Visitor Attraction site, including a very exciting new state-of-the art heritage museum expecting to open this year, our Visitor Attraction team play a crucial, role in our guests’ experience.
The Visitor Attraction (VA) Team are dedicated to making our visitors and guests welcome and to enjoy every aspect of the Newt in Somerset. This could include; greeting and processing visitors at the Gate House, offering suggestions for the day, organising assistance with accessibility, checking whether restaurants are full, operating the various exhibits. They are the first and last members of the team to see our guests so therefore make the most lasting impressions of our own style of Newt Hospitality!
Our VA Hosts
Under the direct supervision of the Visitor Experience Manager and the VA Exhibitions Manager, our hosts meet and greet guests at the entrance to the estate or in the Threshing Barn and subsequently assist them in our innovative exhibits and throughout the estate. We are looking for a person who can respond to guests needs and anticipate their unstated ones to ensure their day is memorable for all the right reasons!
This wide-ranging role will include meeting and greeting visitors, having a thorough knowledge, and understanding of the facilities and services available throughout the estate, manning the ticketing area and whatever may be required to make the visitor experience memorable.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar customer-facing role would be beneficial
- High standard of customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 15% off online shop and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate when accompanied by you
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities
|Salary||Up to £10 / Hour|
|Schedule||Part Time, Full Time|
|Location||Bruton BA7 7NG, United Kingdom|
|Expiry date||Sun, 22 May 2022|
Share this page