The Newt Somerset
Waiter / Waitress – Botanical Rooms
Fantastic staff accommodation overlooking the Somerset Countryside available if relocating
The Newt Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquility.
Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
The Botanical Rooms
The Botanical Rooms is our kitchen and restaurant situated at Hadspen House. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering.
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic servers to join our team at The Newt in Somerset. Our waiting team play an essential role in our restaurants and ensure a smooth service and amazing guest experience.
You will be happy to work as part of a team and passionate about hospitality. Your prime focus will be on guest’s experience throughout the dining experience, supporting your team in ensuring front of house team delivers and upholds the exceptional service levels.
You will be willing to learn, delivering impeccable service and able to follow our steps of service. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your team is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
- To ensure the restaurant is impeccably set and that service throughout is faultless.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, following steps of service.
- Supporting others within the department.
- Following systems to uphold presentation and upkeep of the department.
- Ensure you have great menu knowledge, learning from team leaders, giving you confidence in your delivery.
- Willing to be flexible in different styles of service, such as private/outdoor dining.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a waiting role in high-end restaurant is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Confidence in talking to others
- Good attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience working with ResDiary and communication platform Teams is preferred
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities
|Salary||Up to £10 / Hour
|Experience||Minimum 1 year of experience|
|Location||A359, Hadspen, Bruton, Castle Cary BA7 7NG, UK|
|Expiry date||Mon, 25 Oct 2021|