The Newt Somerset
Waiter / Waitress – Garden Cafe
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with Hotel, Spa, Restaurants and much more. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in the Garden Café and visit our farm shop. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
Food & Beverage is at the heart of the Estate and encompasses a multitude of venues including the Garden Café, Cyder Bar, Gelato Room & Story of Gardening, with more venues expected to open as we further grow.
As a F&B department, we pride ourselves on our fresh, quality, produce along with the highest standard of service. We strive for excellence and a keen eye for detail as well as unity, flexibility and a genuine passion for good food & beverage.
In the Garden Cafe team member role, you will assist with the smooth running of service whilst looking out across one of the best views The Newt has to offer. You will be happy to work as part of a team who are passionate about hospitality and food & beverage. The prime focus will be on our guest experience, the common goal is to ensure as a front of house team, you deliver and uphold the standard estate wide. You will be willing to learn, delivering impeccable service whilst following our steps of service.
Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your team is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business. Being able to have the passion and drive to tell our guests our story and how and why we do things the way we do at The Newt is essential.
- Taking guest orders and delivering food and beverages following our steps of service
- Providing high quality, on trend, hot & cold beverages in a timely fashion
- Ensuring daily upkeep and cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant
- Making menu recommendations and sharing your newfound knowledge of The Newt way
- Supporting other team members within the whole department
- Following systems to uphold presentation and upkeep of the department
- Ensure you have great menu knowledge, learning from piers, giving you confidence in your delivery
- Willing to be flexible in different styles of service
- Maintaining company representation, ensuring you always look impeccable
- Ensuring The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a Waiter/Waitress role is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a Bartender/Barista role is preferred but not necessary
- Willingness to develop, grow and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Confidence in talking to others
- Good attention to detail
- Great time management and self-motivated
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 15% online shop discount and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities
|Salary||£8.50 – £10 / Hour
|Location||A359, Hadspen, Bruton, Castle Cary BA7 7NG, UK|
|Expiry date||Fri, 03 Dec 2021|