Waiter/Waitress Jobs in Porlock
HOURS AND SHIFTS:
Five days a week, straight shifts and split shifts including weekends and bank holiday work
Breakfast shift – 07:45 – 15:00 (approximately) Monday to Sunday
Dinnertime shift – 15:00 – finish
PERSONS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
The Proprietors, Senior Managers and the Supervisors
- Smart appearance: Ironed clothes, clean shoes, long hair to be tied back, only one pair of earrings allowed to be worn and no other facial piercings allowed. Gentleman must be clean shaven
- An outgoing personality who should have good references for time keeping and performance
- Preferably with a food hygiene certificate and a sound demonstration of commitment to the job
- To support the smooth and efficient running of the restaurant
- To help set up and maintain the highest standards of cleanliness, service and customer care
MAIN TASKS AND DUTIES
- A waiter/waitress’ duties include the prepping-up, cleaning, prepping-down of all service and restaurant areas to ensure the smooth operation of the restaurant at breakfast, lunch, dinner and functions
- Restaurant waiting staff are also responsible for room service and bar food service
- All tables must be set-up according to the level of business and the standards relevant to the service period
- All service areas and still room area must be completely prepared, cleaned and maintained
- All mise en place must be prepared well in advance of service
- All cutlery and glass ware must be cleaned and polished
- All crockery must be checked to ensure they are clean and dry and in plentiful supply
- All waiting staff have a responsibility to be aware of all types of menus, their content, individual dishes ingredients and appearance as well as the standard of service and its billing
- It is the responsibility of all waiting staff to ensure that all served items are billed for and recorded properly
- All orders are to be taken in a way that is clear to the kitchen and to other waiting staff and includes all variable needs of the customer, i.e. how the fillet should be cooked.
- Must follow breakfast, lunchtime and dinner procedures which are displayed on the wall in the kitchen
PERSONAL DUTIES WHILE ON SHIFT
- To excel and exceed guest expectations
- To up sell where possible and promote the restaurant and any forthcoming attractions and events by keeping informed by going to restaurant meetings and reading notice boards.
- Be a good team player and support your colleagues.
- Do not bill unless you are fully trained and authorised to do so by order of the restaurant manager.
- It is important to bill all meals, drinks and wine
- From time to time you will be asked to perform other non restaurant duties as requested by duty management i.e. cleaning, outside catering and assisting in other departments
- You are required to work in a health and safety conscience way, and if finding any faults that adversely affect this, it is your duty to report this to a manager who will rectify the situation
- You must create the right ambient atmosphere e.g. room temperature, noise level and the smell of the restaurant