The Newt Somerset
Waiter / Waitress – Farmyard Restaurant
The Newt in Somerset is a unique destination, a 300-year-old estate complete with ancient woodland, verdant gardens and breath-taking views. Our hotel is a home to relax in, our gardens will inspire you and our food will nourish you. We are a place of wonderment, with Somerset at our heart.
The Farmyard is the newest addition to our Hotel offering at the estate. Housing a 17-bedroom hotel, with pool barn, games room, kitchen restaurant and bar. The food concept is rooted firmly in Somerset, but with influences from further afield, the kitchen at the farmyard will draw on the no frills, robust cookery found in provincial Italy and France; its identity driven by location and season, with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Cooking in our wood fired oven will be the focus of the menu. Open for breakfast through to dinner.
As a member of the Food and Beverage team, you will work closely with both your front of house and back of house colleagues to delivery amazing service in a casual dining setting. You will be willing to learn, delivering impeccable service and able to follow our steps of service. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your team is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
- To assist with ensuring the Farmyard Kitchen Restaurant is impeccably set and that service throughout is faultless.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, following steps of service.
- Supporting others within the department.
- Following systems to uphold presentation and upkeep of the department.
- Ensure you have great menu knowledge, learning from team leaders, giving you confidence in your delivery.
- Willing to be flexible in different styles of service, such as private/outdoor dining.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a waiter or waitress is desirable but not essential.
- Confidence in talking to others
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage own time
- Always striving for personal excellence
- Passion for high-quality service in luxury hospitality
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities
|Salary||Up to £11 / Hour
|Experience||Minimum 1 year of experience|
|Location||A359, Hadspen, Bruton, Castle Cary BA7 7NG, UK|
|Expiry date||Wed, 15 Dec 2021|