Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll work in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
As Ward Clerk, you’ll help ensure the smooth & safe management of our patient care on the ward.
And you can progress your career in a caring setting that makes a real impact on people’s lives.
It’s challenging, satisfying work.
So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you!
You will be;
- Assisting the wards to generate & complete relevant forms following Ward Round meetings where necessary (e.g. Notice to Accounts / S17 Leave forms / Pre Leave Assessment Forms).
- Helping to ensure the wards are compliant with various clinical dashboards (e.g. advising when care plans are due for review).
- Ensuring paperwork is submitted so the patient database is kept up to date.
- Assist with the collection of required data to meet corporate requirements.
- Attending Ward Rounds, taking minutes, editing and issuing the reports.
- Maintain effective filing systems and decant service user notes in line with Medical Records policy and procedure.
- Liaise internally regarding ward round meetings as required.
- Liaise with external agencies, referrers, other professionals and relatives.
- Attend and take minutes at meetings as requested.
- Record all enquiries using appropriate documentation and ensure action is taken where necessary.
- Provide cover in the Reception area for breaks, leave etc. to include handling the hospital switchboard efficiently and carrying out other duties in this area as requested.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of patient related data at all times.
- Experienced in administration in a fast-paced hospital environment
- Organised, diligent and can strictly adhere to processes & procedures
- Knowledgeable of mental health & patient confidentiality issues
- Skilled at inputting, pulling & analysing data using Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc
- An excellent verbal & written communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to swiftly solve problems & work under pressure without compromising quality
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The hospital has more than 16 acres of landscaped grounds and overlooks the Bristol Channel. This beachside location, just outside Weston-super-Mare, helps us provide a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic environment which can offer service users a broad range of therapies including CAT, CBT, Schema Therapy, EMDR & DBT.
The hospital provides 58 inpatient beds within a low secure setting, including a male PICU within the same secure perimeter. All bedrooms are single, with en-suite bathrooms, and each of the four wards has its own garden or terrace. There is a fully equipped gym and activities suite.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions