Warehouse & FLT Key Operative
Salary Details: Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details: 6am – 2pm
Work Level: Work Level 1
Job Type: Full Time and/or Part Time Permanent
Advertising End Date: 16 Jun 2022
About The Role
Our warehouse and FLT operatives are key to the operation, being multi skilled you will be involved in many warehouse tasks such as bringing product in, picking store orders, replenishing and putting away goods moving and loading stock for despatch accurately and efficiently so that product is delivered on time to our stores and is available for customers.
- Be responsible for using trained skills to complete all assigned tasks
- Work flexibly across multiple warehouses as required to deliver a variety of tasks to the highest standard – including unloading, checking, transporting, picking, loading, and replenishing stock
- Use Materials Handling Equipment, including a Fork Lift Truck when required (full training to be given)
- Work accurately and efficiently using a system-led pick on voice or using JDA (depending on location)
- Wrap pallets securely and load safely and use space appropriately to reduce damage in transit
- Handle stock carefully and follow company date code checking policies to avoid damage
- Ensure we minimise waste and make managers aware of damaged or time-expired product
- Work in compliance with all relevant food and Health and Safety policies
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed, to contribute to a clean and safe environment for all colleagues
- Report stock that is in the wrong place, deal with damaged pallets or stock, reporting damage to racking or truck problems and clear up debris / spillages to ensure safe working practice at all times.
- Work in a flexible, respectful and friendly way with colleagues and the management team at all times
- Someone who can work at pace and isn’t afraid of a little hard work
- Someone who loves to work as part of a team
- The ability to work in a fast paced physical manufacturing environment distributing quality, food safe products for customers
- Relevant system knowledge and IT Skills
- Someone who can work with varying temperatures of approx. 8 degrees and below
- Fork Lift Truck experience would be desirable, but training will be given
- Due to the Freezer environment full protective clothing is provided including freezer quality safety footwear, salopettes, thermals, Freezer coat, gloves and glove liners
We’re foodmakers and shopkeepers. Together, #WeMakeMorrisons. And everyone’s welcome here. We work as one team to help feed the nation and make sure people can get the food they need. It’s all of our jobs.
As the only UK retailer with our own manufacturing business spread across 18 sites, not to mention nearly 500 stores, we’ve lots of opportunities for you to play your part. So, whether you want to make the freshest food, sell it, or even join us in our head office, we’d love to meet you.
And with all the support you need to be your best, you won’t just help us make Morrisons – you’ll build a rewarding career for yourself, too
We’re a diverse and inclusive employer. And we don’t just say it, we show it. Everyone is welcome at Morrisons!
Here’s what we’re offering
In return for your hard work, you’ll get a great pension, private healthcare (applicable roles), colleague & friends and family discounts, money off at over 850 retailers with My Perks, and much more.
Share this page