Western Power Distribution
An opportunity has arisen for a Wayleave Manager based South West. The base location to be agreed.
You will be accountable to the Consents Manager for providing a complete consents and wayleave service to Logistics and to the Projects teams within Network Services and to assist with Network Services and the Telecoms Business.
* Salary dependant on knowledge and experience.
- Make expectations clear and set standards.
- Organise, delegate and manage work within the team to include monitoring sickness absence/Standards of performance and sickness absence procedures.
- Assist with 132kV, 66kV and 33kV scheme preparation in terms of site and route selection/acquisition.
- Manage and negotiate complex consents, wayleaves, access routes, easements and agreements in respect of the location of and works to distribution assets (cables/lines/substations).
- Provide a wayleave service to Projects for maintenance (including tree cutting) and construction schemes.
- Responsible for the management of and work associated with wayleave terminations applicable to the 132kV systems and assist local offices with 66kV and 33kV.
- Responsible for managing and negotiating complex Injurious Affection Claims (including large development site claims).
- Settling damage, compensation and other payment claims.
- Approving, processing and completion of easement and property matters with legal advisors.
- Assist with or co-ordinate or resolve consent and wayleave legal matters (including inquiries/hearings).
- Undertake statutory and courtesy consultation on development proposals.
- Undertake and co-ordinate all major project planning applications and be the first point of contact with local authorities, DBEIS, MIPU and other consultees/objectors.
- Assist with the preparation of wayleave/consent policy, as required also preparation and control of the wayleave budget.
- Monitor the effect of development proposals on the environment.
- Provide advice and assistance as required to the Estates Specialists in Network Services.
- Co-ordinate and delegate workload within the team to ensure that projects are delivered on time.
- Undertake Telecoms wayleave work as required.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in performance and implement or recommend change.
- Provide assistance to team members when requested.
- Represent the Company on specialist groups, as required.
- Be involved with the selection of new team members.
- Identify the development needs of the team members.
- Exercise leadership.
Ideally the successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ practical/professional experience directly related to the role.
In addition you should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of own specialist area and Company systems, processes and procedures. Also thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and regulations. Have good communication and influencing skills and be a proficient negotiator.
To enhance your candidate experience, we recommend using Google Chrome to complete your online application. Should you have any questions regarding this or require additional support to complete your online application, please email email@example.com
Recruitment correspondence is usually sent by email, so please do check your email account including spam/junk folders regularly after the closing date
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient numbers of suitable applications be received. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Share this job