Castle Cary Primary School
Year 6 Teaching Assistant/HLTA
1st November – 31st August 2022
Grade: 15 (£9.62 – £9.81 per hour) depending on experience
We are looking to appoint a Yea 6 Teaching Assistant/ HLTA to join our friendly, dedicated team to support our pupils with learning; working in small groups and on a one to one basis as required. This is a full time position starting as soon as possible and is initially fixed-term until August 2022.
The successful applicant will:
- Work alongside pupils in Year 6
- Be passionate about supporting children’s learning needs
- Be able to work alongside professional colleagues for planning and feedback
- Be resilient and have a positive nature
- Be able to enthuse and motivate pupils
- Be a team player
- Demonstrate patience, calmness and flexibility at all times
- Have good experience of working with Year 6 children
- Have qualifications relevant to the role – these must include GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
We can offer you:
- A friendly school with a strong and dedicated team
- Opportunities for training to strengthen relevant career skills
- The support of knowledgeable professionals both in school and from other agencies
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed.
More details, including an application for and job description, are available from the website www.castlecaryschool.org.uk
Closing date: Monday 4th October
Interview date: Wednesday 13th October
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.