SWT’s Community Employment Hubs are now providing remote support to help job seekers in lockdown.
Although an SWT initiative, the Community Employment Hubs are community-led and provide support to people both in and out of work, including long-term job seekers, employees at risk of redundancy or those seeking new skills or a career change.
Prior to the latest lockdown, the service operated from several community venues across West Somerset. Once the restrictions are lifted however, the hub venues will reopen, along with four new hubs based in Taunton and Wellington, as well as a new youth hub at the Minehead EYE.
In the meantime however, the Council understands the need to maintain this vital service given the impact on people’s jobs and wellbeing, and is now offering support by telephone, email and virtually via the Community Employment Hubs Facebook page.
The service is completely free and delivered by the Employment Hubs Coordinators in a friendly, non-judgemental way.
Clients can expect to receive individually tailored support through unlimited, regular one-to-one discussions, to include:
- Guidance for learning, training and work opportunities
- Confidence building to return to work
- Help with applications such as letters and CVs
- Next steps funding towards work
- Referrals for further support, such as IT skills, careers advice, apprenticeship
guidance and training support, Citizens Advice and mental health
- Advice for people wanting to start their own business
Anyone wishing to use this service is encouraged to follow the Community Employment Hubs Facebook page to:
- Stay informed about local jobs in their area
- Receive offers of local training and courses, including current opportunities at Hinkley
- Receive one-to-one support from the hub teams
- Get community-based volunteering opportunities
- Find out when the venues will reopen
Cllr Marcus Kravis, Executive Member for Economic Development, said: “With the current restrictions forcing the hubs to close, the need to maintain this service is now more important than ever to help the livelihoods of those affected by the lockdowns.”
“By offering the service remotely, we can continue providing support and I urge job seekers to follow the Community Employment Hubs Facebook page to access a wealth of employment opportunities, what’s more, the service is free of charge and available to anyone within the SWT area.”
The Community Employment Hub Coordinators can also be contacted by telephone on 01823 219578 or 01823 219612, or email us. (Click to load email)
For more information, follow @CommunityEmploymentHubs on Facebook or visit the SWT website. (link removed due to SWT website changes)
You can also search jobs on this website, click HERE