LGV 2 Driver
Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Biffa is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work with us. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Driver to join our team at Hinkley Point C (HPC), working 48 hours per week.
As our Driver, you will drive and operate vehicles and equipment safely, compliantly and incident free, whilst maximizing profitability and efficiency. You will assist with the day to day running of the HPC waste contact, to ensure that it remains compliant to regulations and meets set contract targets. You will also follow direct and written instructions from the Operations Supervisor and their appointed representatives.
At Biffa, we invest in our people to reward them for their hard work. That’s why we have a host of company benefits available to you when you join, including an enhanced pension scheme where we match up to 7% of your earnings, depending on how much you put in. We also offer free eye tests and safety eyewear where needed, as well as a whole range of cinema and retail discounts across stores, hotels and holidays. To keep you fit and healthy, you’ll have access to discounted gym memberships, a Cycle to Work scheme and our range of health plans with Simply Health. To protect your wellbeing, we also have a 24/7 employee helpline offering emotional support and advice.
Our ideal Driver will have:
- Thorough working knowledge of current legislation of LGV driver hours including WTD.
- Understanding of environmental permitting requirements.
- Understanding of plant machinery and ability to identify defects.
- Extensive knowledge of contract management and KPl’s.
- Experience of driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment.
- Previous experience within the Waste Industry.
- Full driving licence.
- Driver CPC.
- Forklift or Material handler licence or experience.
• The ability to follow management instructions/
• Good communication and level of spoken and written English.
• Category C or C+E.
What benefits and perks can we offer?
– Full uniform
– We pay for your CPC
– Pension Scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
– 28 days holiday (including BH)
– Cycle2Work scheme
– Access to Biffa Perkz which gives you some great discounts as well as a wellbeing Centre which includes discounted healthcare plans
– Life Assurance and Personal Accident Insurance Cover
– Lots more benefits and perks available