Come and join our friendly Reception Team at Frome Community Hospital in a role which will make a difference to patient care.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Receptionist to join our Team for 22.5 hours per week, including one weekend per month, however we also encourage our Receptionist to take on a bank contract where you are able to pick up extra shifts on top of your contracted hours.
The post holders will provide a high standard of administrative and clerical support to Main and Minor Injuries Reception areas. Main Reception operates 5 days per week Monday – Friday 08.30 – 16.30 and Minor Injuries 7 days per week 08.00 – 20.30. Flexibility and weekend\bank holiday working is essential. The post holders will require sound keyboard skills and good knowledge of the Microsoft Suite.
You will have excellent communication skills both face to face and on the telephone. The post requires flexibility and the ability to deal with varied administrative duties, IT systems, working under pressure and changing priorities. Good problem solving skills are essential. You will be pleasant and approachable and able to manage your work load effectively.
Training will be provided for all computer systems.
Main duties of the job
- Booking in patients to the Minor Injuries Unit using various computer systems.
- Answering telephone, taking messages and passing to appropriate personnel.
- Greeting clients as they arrive at the hospital, ensuring that all the client information held on the electronic patient record is correct.
- Using various computer systems to book in x-ray’s, clinics and to log any maintenance issues.
- Processing incoming post, distributing appropriately, and dispatching outgoing post.
- Participate in appropriate meetings, training and service development.
- Use computers for data input and retrieval as appropriate, including scanning and uploading on to the electronic patient record all client related documents.
Working for our organisation
Frome is a busy hospital serving the town and wider community. All members of staff strive towards providing the best care for all patients visiting and using the hospital and you will have a key role to play in this.
You will work with a team of 4 receptionists who all help and support each other in their roles and provide an exceptional service to patients, staff and visitors.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The main responsibility of this post is booking in patients to the Minor Injuries’ Unit. This can be a very busy and high pressured environment, however it is also very rewarding.
On Main Reception you are the first point of contact for patients, staff and visitors to the hospital and all the varied requests this brings. This can include:
- Informing clinicians of the arrival of the client.
- Arranging client transport as required.
- Assisting in maintenance of administrative systems.
- Reimbursement of patient travel costs.
- Logging of Maintenance requests.
- Supporting all staff and clinicians.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Previous reception experience
- Previous hospital reception experience